Saturday, April 10, 2010

Meet Fake Baby Dunlop...


We're getting ready for baby... and that includes an Infant Care Class at the hospital. We learned how to properly change diapers, give the newborn a bath, swaddle, and many other useful things. I will admit, changing fake baby Dunlop's diaper in class was my first diaper change. In life. Ever. And when the teacher asked if it was anyone's first time changing a diaper, I was too embarrassed to raise my hand because NO ONE else in the class did. I didn't want to seem like an unfit mother and have judgmental eyes looking at me saying "wow... that poor child..."!!! Josh looked at me when she asked the question, but I avoided his stare... to which he said under his breath "yyeaaaahhh.... liar!" But I don't care. First time or not first time, I think I understand what a diaper change entails, so I didn't feel obligated to raise my hand. So there.


PS. Post class we came home and instead of going to bed (which I should have), Josh and I opened a bag and then proceeded to FINISH the bag of kettle corn from TJs. Yes. All 7+ servings of it. In one sitting. While watching Top Chef Masters. High class all the way.

No comments: