Tuesday, April 6, 2010

heat wave!

I'm like a menopausal woman these days... seriously. No periods, cry at the drop of a hat, and hot flashes galore! On Sunday we went to church and about 10 minutes in I could feel my heart rate rise, I started getting that "I'm about to start dripping sweat" tingly feeling, my sweater couldn't feel tighter at that point, and my face was on fire!

I first attempted to move my weight from one hip to the other, thinking I just needed a position change and possibly try to get this baby away from my lungs so I could breathe... no luck.

I started fanning myself with the church program... instant relief, but didn't solve the I-can't-breathe issue.

At this point I started to breathe loudly... more like doing my pilates breaths -- Josh gave me a look like "Are you going into labor?!?"

I had to get out of there - I told Josh I just had to stand up and not to worry - no baby on its way. I got up to go stand in the lobby and just let gravity do its thing. Worked like a charm.

After a few minutes of relief I went back in, and like the large and in charge woman I am, I tried to slip into my seat which was the seat to the inside of Josh. In my attempts to do so with grace and sophistication, I knocked the man who was sitting in front of Josh in the head with my belly. Classy, Audrey. Classy.

Anyway - no pictures documenting Easter Sunday because it was grey and rainy and well, I was a sweaty beast. But here's the latest and greatest of the bell...


Josh has to push it out to keep up with big mama...

My feet look SO SMALL beyond the belly... And that's me leaning over to see them.

Growing and growing and growing...

3 comments:

Dressing On The Side said...

geesh; your boobs look so small :)
*and for those of us that know the size of Audrey's non-pregnant breasts we can relate to how big the baby is getting!

audrey and josh said...

I know, right?? Granted I was wearing a sports bra of sorts, but man - my boobs look tiny compared to the beast, huh??

Lindsey Olsen said...

hahahahaha. I love this conversation (and I agree). And your belly!