Monday, October 5, 2009

butternut squash... meet Dominic...

On Friday night I decided to utilize that 3 lb butternut squash staring at me since Sunday's Farmer's Market. What to do, what to do... When I told Dominic I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, his eyes got all big and said "I've never had butternut squash before! Can we put it in a soup like in the movies??" Now - I'm not sure what movie he's talking about, but apparently there are certain "American" things that Dominic has been trying to check off his list... root beer (which he HATES), meatloaf in a 50s diner-type restaurant, American sporting events, milkshakes, Costco, etc, etc. So butternut squash soup it was.


The soup was good, but what stole the show was the sage-parmesan croutons I made for the soup. A big hit. This, paired with some FNL...? Now THAT's a good all-American Friday night...

2 comments:

Joeyolsen@gmail.com said...

hates root beer?!?!?!? WHAT THE

audrey and josh said...

I know, right?? crazy talk...