Thursday, May 21, 2009

feels like home...


So Josh and I have been consumed by our TV friends. FNL (or Friday Night Lights for those of you poor souls that have not been exposed) just released season 3 on DVD Tuesday and it's the last season Josh and I need to catch up. We only have 3 episodes left - which we WILL watch tonight. I've laughed. I've cried (and - this is HUGE - Josh even got teary at one point. What?? He didn't even cry at our wedding!! That's how you know this show is AMAZING.). I've shared in their awkward teen moments. I've witnessed their hardships. And I've said numerous times "Oh, Tyra...". I feel like I'm their friend! When we heard that intro music for the first time after our long hiatus, it felt like going home.

Now I'm going to speak to those of you that have not fallen in love with such numbers as 33, 7, 20, 6, or 85. This isn't just a teeny bopper, all about the gossip, pointless drama show that I thought it was before watching. There are themes and emotions and moments that are so far beyond the highschool setting. Plus. Riggins wears tight jeans and cowboy boots. Hello! Give it a shot. Trust me. It's SO worth it. You WILL fall in love with Coach (and Riggins... and Saracen... and Landry for that matter...).

No comments: