Friday, August 14, 2009

a birthday present well spent


Josh was a sweetheart this year for my birthday... he got me, not one, but TWO deep tissue massages from this fabulous day spa. Not because I need twice the work (which I do...) but so I could bring a friend to enjoy the experience with. Everybody in unison.. "Awww..." - I KNOW! Precious, right? On top of that were gift certificates to one of my new favorite restaurants and some yummy chocolate candies. Good job, Josh!

Well, over a month later - I need the massage. I can't wait for a friend to join. I just need it. My back is achy (probably from all my dailey method... watch out - good butt in the works walkin through... :)), my joints are sore, and I think I may be getting sick... so I kinda want someone to rub around those toxins so it'll just get over itself faster.

Dilemma - do I wait for a friend? (I have a few prospects in mind but timing is not on our side for this weekend... which is when I was thinking of going...) Or do I just go for it, use what is rightfully mine and just buy a friend/split the cost for a friend to come with me next time?? By not using the gift the way it was intended am I being a bad gift receiver?? But I so need it!! Oh dilemma...

2 comments:

Lindsey Olsen said...

Go get it done! Bring Josh with you! (or does it not work like that?) Make it happen this weekend...it will be wonderful. Love you!

mrs.benson said...

go get one NOW. Massages are meant to rest and relax..be still, be silent...bring a friend to the wine bar. xo