Monday, August 17, 2009

sick as a dog... and not even a cute one.

**UPDATE. Doctor gave me the z-pack and only 15 hours later the knives in my throat have subsided and I'm slowly recouping. God bless the z pack.

My throat is on fire and it kills me to swallow. I, of course, immediately think I have strep throat. But here's my thing with going to doctors for a sore throat.

I have to find a doctor. I haven't had a primary care doc since highschool.
I wait until day 3 or so to make sure this isn't a pansy sore throat... this has to be the real deal...
Once I find a doc I have to see if they'll squeeze me in THAT day... otherwise, it may be gone...
They say "I don't think it's strep, but let's get a swab test done on you." $10 copay later I'm at the lab for my swab test.
They make me gag, I pay them $10 and then they say it'll take 24-48 hours.
Two days later I am feeling completely fine and my doctor calls to tell me it wasn't strep and to just drink lots of fluids and rest.... duh.

Waste of $20. Man... that's like 5 lattes.
Oh well... better safe than sorry... I'm calling.

1 comment:

mom benson said...

feel better!