Thursday, July 23, 2009

my Dailey routine

So in search of the perfect work out regimen, I started to do a lot of research... my first thought was Bikram Yoga... that's doing yoga for 90 minutes in a room that is set to 100 degrees.


I hear ya... WHAT?? But it's supposed to really flush out any toxins, obviously be good for flexibility (especially with the heat warming up your muscles), and hey - I could lose some water weight and be happy... but then I started thinking of some concerns that Joanna pointed out to me... what if I pass out mid-session? Now THAT would be embarrassing! Or what if my sweat smells worse than everyone elses? And really - WHAT IF I PASS OUT?? So in explaining these new concerns to my mom, she happened to mention this new craze, the Dailey Method.

I'll use the website's description to give you better understanding -- "This challenging one hour class effectively strengthens, tones, and lengthens the entire body. (Yes please!) Light weights are utilized to define the upper body while mat and ballet barre work target thighs, seat, and abdominals. (My seat needs some work...) After each muscle group is worked, through high repetition using small range of motion, it is alternatively stretched to lengthen the muscles. (boo ya!)" - FYI - parenthesis added by moi... those aren't actually on the website...




And I have to say... so far, so good, so SORE!! It's a really fast paced workout, similar to pilates but with no breaks and go go go!! It's great! I love it! I have a 30 day pass and I'm going to try to use it as much as possible... I've already used it both days and will hopefully keep it up! I know it's working because today I shake when I try to stand up or sit down because my legs are so sore... and my back aches (but good aches...) when I correct my posture... and when I try to sneeze I can FEEL it in my abs! Feel the burn baby!!

3 comments:

benson said...

good for you!

iheartkiwi said...

i tried bikram for the first time last week! i am totally hooked. after just two classes i was able to do poses i could never even attempt before!

keep it up and let me know how it goes!

Jessica Bristol said...

is there a required uniform for the daily method? looks like it from the pictures.