Monday, August 31, 2009

the mighty good spoon...

It was a fast, food-filled weekend. After I dropped Josh off at SFO at 7AM on Saturday, I bee-lined it for Santa Barbara. I had an event to attend... the spoon. the good spoon to be exact. One of my dear friends lb has created her own catering/food class company where she can teach novices such as myself how to further their culinary skills without having to enroll at Le Cordon Bleu... This event was a "market to table: summer" event and there were 8 of us in attendance.

On the menu:
farmer's market heirloom tomato and avocado stacks
tomato and corn pie
barbecue roasted salmon
creme fraiche and farmer's market peach pie

She's so Julia with her pearls...

It was part cook for us/part hands on. It was so fabulous! And with my laminated, take-home recipe cards, I can make it anytime I want! Lucky Josh...

Sunday morning was brunch at D'Angelo's. Santa Barbara at its finest. Then off to the beach. A luxury I once took for granted while living in Santa Barbara and now realize how great it would be to live a hop, skip, and jump away from the beach on those hot summer days... finish off the day with fries at Tinkers.

All in all, a much-too-short but fantastic weekend in good ol' SB.

1 comment:

LB said...

oh auds... thanks friend. :)