Monday, August 24, 2009

hands down. best. meal. ever.





Oh. my. word. Josh and I spent the weekend in Napa/Sonoma this weekend (and that deserves a post on its own...) but I have to jump to the end of our trip - our Sunday night dinner at Ad Hoc for fish and chips. Holy. crap. SO FREAKING GOOD!!!

The menu for the night was as follows...

Frisee & Watercress Salad - marinated musk & watermelon, black mission figs, shaved fennel, garden sunburst squash grown in the French Laundry's garden, dijon mustard vinaigrette

Fish & Chips - pacific ling cod, russet potatoes, grilled corn-on-the-cob, Maine lobster slaw, house made tartar sauce

Cabbot Clothbound Cheddar, sweet pepper relish, mixed candied nuts

Bread & Butter Pudding, strawberry jam, chocolate pearls, vanilla custard

And I can guarantee you that every bite was absolutely sinful. It was so delicious and just perfectly thought through. The salad was perfection. The fish and chips - oh man... I need a moment just to reflect on those fried pieces of heaven... ... ... oh man. The lobster slaw?? Fan-freaking-tastic. Cheese course - great, but I mean... come on... it's just cheese... bring on the dessert.

And the dessert. Now - I have to be honest. When I read it was bread pudding I was kinda bummed because I'm not the biggest bread pudding or custard fan. Holy crap. I am now a believer! It was this delicious custard topped with the most decadent bread pudding EVER. WE COULDN'T EVEN FINISH IT! Josh and myself? Not finish dessert? I know! Josh had to undo his pant button on the way home he was so full! Everything they gave us was served family style and by golly, we ate whatever they put in front of us.

Now. We had finished the meal and you want to know what I asked our server? What the calorie content was on our meal. I had to know! I had to ask! I had already eaten it and even if it were 10,000 I would say it was totally worth it! It was so sinful I just HAD to know... and I'm not even going to share that info because it's so ridiculously high! But if you have a guess, I'd love to hear it... :)

3 comments:

Benson said...

sounds like you may have to do a repeat performance in the future!

Lindsey Olsen said...

We are coming next time!!! :)

audrey and josh said...

yes please! to both comments!!