Sunday, February 19, 2012

mini vacay

Ask and you shall receive... pictures! We made a quick 48 hour trip to Santa Barbara. Both drives were coordinated to start right at Ruby's bedtime in hopes that she would sleep the whole way... I'd say that only partially worked. BUT, we made it and we had a great time!

Our place...


(Ruby was obsessed with the garage door opening and closing... it's the small things in life...)

(Her waiting with anticipation for me to open it... for the 8th time that morning...)

FULL day of fun (I think Josh and I were more exhausted than Ruby...):

Pancakes by the beach...

Swinging by the beach...



ZOO!

Top of the clock tower... (side story: when I took Ruby to the Santa Cruz wharf, I told Josh that it freaked me out when Ruby got close to the fence thing that overlooked the ocean because, in my paranoid head, she could fall through the tiny slots. Josh thought I was being silly. At the top of the clock tower, the gate slots were even closer together than at the wharf and Josh was a nervous wreck... see, Josh?? See??)

Trolly Ride!




Bubbles at the turtle pond park!

We had a great time and unfortunately didn't document our time with our friend Jeff and Graham, our friends from Colorado (We missed you, Krista!). We ate good food, saw good friends and fun animals, and Ruby enjoyed being in the beautiful outdoors... so fun!

Next item to work on: taking pictures with ME in them! I promise, I do exist...

3 comments:

kimfairchild said...

thanks for the photo update!! love your family! see you soon?!!??

Meg Sanchez said...

YOUR house?!

Ps Clara has that same cute fleece purple jacket!

Amber said...

So glad you got to come to SB, let us know next time you are in town, we would love to see you guys.