Sunday, March 4, 2012

TWENTY TWO months!

Man. I cannot wait to answer the question "How old is she?" with TWO YEARS OLD! I'm done with the months. Bring on the years. Trust me - she's ready for it too. She's getting so big - and so expressive. One of our favorite things these days is "I HAPPY!" - she will say this A LOT. And it's adorable. If she is asking for something and we give it to her she replies "Day Do" (read: toddler speak for thank you) followed by "I happy!". It's just the cutest thing. Or if she yells at me I say "Ruby, that makes mommy sad," and then she'll lean in for a hug, mumble something that sounds like "sorry" and then say "Mama happy!" Pretty much cutest thing ever. She's in the stage where she wants to help with everything - stirring dinner in the pot, putting on her shoes, cleaning up - including sweeping up after meals... she's a good little helper. And her manners are really progressing - lots of please and thank yous ("day do's") without being prompted. She's just the best thing ever...










And Ruby's outfit was not as planned today - life happened and laundry didn't. She was supposed to wear her shirt that says "Big Sister" ... this little one is a big sister!! Josh and I are expecting Baby Dunlop #2 (not official name FYI) around August 5th. We couldn't be more thrilled and I mean, Ruby adores babies, so I think it's safe to say she's excited too!

4 comments:

nonnadonna said...

the ugg boots w/the dress/sweater...I die. And love the way you add a "btw..." (as in; yep; no big deal..another baby) ;)

kimfairchild said...

She has a fantastic wardrobe. And so excited little miss ruby is a big sister!

Amber said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys!

Sarah said...

I am embarrassingly behind in commenting here, but a huge congratulations to you and your sweet family on baby 2! We're having such a wonderful time with our two girlies, along with all the typical newborn business (thus the delay in commenting)-- I'm sure you'll enjoy . I hope that you're feeling well with this pregnancy and enjoying it as much as possible.

And, needless to say, your Ruby is such a beauty. I hope our girls can meet one day, and give us a good excuse for catching up on life.