Wednesday, June 15, 2011

just the two of us...

This past week has been a single parent kinda week at the Dunlop house. And it's been exhausting! I went to San Diego for a conference from Thursday to Saturday night -then Sunday morning Josh left for a project up in Tahoe and won't get back until tomorrow. Both of these trips mark the longest we've been away from the babe and therefore the longest we have been left to parent alone... and it's exhausting. We have taken for granted the "Hey Audrey- can you watch the girl while I take a shower?" or "Hey Josh, can you watch the girl while I do dishes?" - being alone with a 13 month old that is learning to climb up on things and constantly wants to be walking around or read to pushes all personal and household duties until AFTER she's asleep in her crib. It's quite a shift after over a year of having your counterpart within a 10 foot radius...

All that to say, I'm lucky to have a fabulous husband that adores both me and our daughter. (sidenote: he recorded a video on my phone of him reading Ruby her bedtime stories. Ummm... he's fantastic.) I'm lucky to have a beautiful and fun daughter that loves to adventure and play and be held by her mama and tickled by her daddy. I'm lucky to have great friends that love Ruby (and Josh and I too :)) and are willing to come over and watch her for a couple hours so I can go to bootcamp, take a shower, or just go to the store. And I'm lucky to have BOTH the babe and the husband under one roof in a short 24 hours. Come home soon, Josh!!

Some quick pics caught on the phone...



1 comment:

nonna donna said...

...and they are so lucky to have you too! Hopefully the weather will start to cool off (or the AC will come in) and the family will be all together once more!