Tuesday, July 28, 2009

because we can...


In a couple weeks Josh and I will be taking a little jaunt up the freeway to wine country. Main reason?
For the wine? ... Of course, but no.
For the experience? ... Sure, but no.
For the food? ... YES! And let me tell you why.

Lately I've been stalking some food blogs and came upon a Chicago lawyer whose true passion is food. Well, her and her husband took a little vacay over to our neck of the woods (San Fran and Napa Valley) for some R&R and the one place they were determined to go was Ad Hoc in Yountville. This is how I fell in love with this restaurant...


Every night they are open is a completely different menu. It's served family style (aside from the dessert - honey - I don't share dessert...) and it's supposedly FABULOUS. It's owned by Thomas Keller of French Laundry fame. I immediately got on their daily email list (they send out their menu daily) and I called a month in advance for their much anticipated "fish and chips night" - apparently it was so good that people have been asking to bring it back! So August 23rd we'll be there... living the Napa dream... reminiscing of our New Zealand fish and chips days... and I'll be sure to report back on our findings... YUM!

2 comments:

LB said...

JEALOUS ENSUES.

also new look- uber cute. teach me your ways.

iheartkiwi said...

the thomas keller does fish and chips! kiwi would be so jealous... he is always complaining you can't find decent fish and chips in america (only his beloved NZ)

this sound delightful! we are all packed up for our santa barbara weekend... but if you have any restaurant suggestions they would be most appreciated. it sound like you know your stuff!