Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a tiger! Roar!!

This weekend is a milestone in Josh and I's relationship... we are running a 10K together! The Jungle Fun Run in Los Gatos to be exact!! I'm picking up our bibs today and am very excited about it! It's been HOT lately, so we're thrilled it's at 7:15AM so it's as hot as it could be. But yes. We are runners. The sweetest part was last night when I asked Josh what time he was hoping to finish the race in, he said "We're running it together, silly! So whatever time WE get is fine with me!" Precious... or an excuse for him to run slower... but I'm gonna go with precious. Thanks honey!

It also marks a big investment day for Josh... he's driving to Monterey to (hopefully) buy his kayak!! He's been saving for some time now and the day has finally arrived... he's so excited to get out on that water and improve his skills and he's been waiting for quite some time to do it. For his birthday I got him a gift certificate to a kayaking store that not only sells everything that is kayaking but also provides classes and group trips and what not. It's like I bought him play dates for his birthday :) So while he's drooling over kayaks, I'll be lunching with Becca. Lovely!

Sunday is the race and then we'll follow that with perhaps some Los Gatos Cafe to be followed by farmer's market and the topped off with a concert at the White Crane vineyard. A perfect end to a perfect weekend. Hooray!!

No comments: