Monday, May 4, 2009

I think I can... I think I can...



This is not me... for many reasons. Main reason this is not me? Because this ripped, shirtless, skinny-thigh'd runner does not look like she's going to die (oh yeah - and her name is Carrie. Duh.). Who knows - maybe she has just started her run... doubtful, but I think I'm gonna tell myself that...
Anyway - no. This is not me. I'm more like this poor soul:


This was pretty much what I looked like on Saturday after Josh and I's little jaunt through the neighborhood. I like running with Josh every now and again... it's fun to have someone to join me (even though we wear our headphones the whole time...). I'm not sure if the feeling is totally mutual - afterall, his slow is my fast, but he's almost always willing to humor me with a jog and it really does help me keep up my speed. He's a good pace setter for me - he'll go slow enough for me to trail behind him, but still is fast enough that I have to kick it up a notch to keep up. Saturday was my longest run to date - 4 miles.

The 10K is a little more than a month away, but I feel I have much more to work on. Namely, speed. I like my 5.2 on the treadmill. That's pretty much someone's fast walk - but for me, this is a comfortable pseudo-run. I have been encouraged by my 10k teammates to bump it up to a 5.5 while on the treadmill to get used to that pace... so I'm trying to get comfortable at that speed before the big day. Wish me luck... and maybe in a month I'll be this girl:
... but with a shirt... :)

No comments: