Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So much to say...

I have so much to say and so many pictures to post, but with our personal computer out, I'm not able to do so - so I'll just give you a little taste of what's been happening in the daily life of the Dunlops.
  • Josh and I have ventured out a little more in our area, eaten a few more local restaurants, and expanded our driving range. Everything is still new but we're becoming more familiar and even know some street names!
  • Our Easter was very relaxing - we went to church at this fairly new church that our friend Mike Simpson (or Slap as some of you may know him as...) goes to. We had lunch with him, his grandparents, and daughter afterwards which was just lovely. Onto the car wash and BevMo for the last day of their 5 cent sale (hey - Easter is about celebrating!), and then work on our garden.
  • Easter dinner was a beautiful and simple Ina Garten recipe for steak sandwiches. So yummy! And Josh loved that I made him MEAT other than chicken or fish. That's a rarity here at chez Dunlop. Dessert = Ice cream sandwiches (we gave up ice cream for lent, so we really let loose!)
  • I have discovered the maple leaf cookies at Trader Joes and have fallen in love. I adore them. That's a total side note, but they are so scrumptious.
  • I will be participating in a 10K in less than 8 weeks now. I do not run. I am not a runner. But as of yesterday, I am in training... so I'll try to keep you updated.
  • We have our first strawberry fruit growing and our tomato plants are flowering!
  • I met a former San Jose Shark. Josh was jealous. He and his wife own a boutique downtown and he happened to mention he played hockey, I said I know a lot about hockey because my husband's Canadian and he turned out to be from Saskatchewan (province next to Josh's Manitoba - so they're both prairie boys) and came down here to play for the Sharks the past 6 years but a neck injury kicked him out last season. Josh = wants to go shopping now just so he can meet him.

I think that's it. There are pictures to document most of those items, but without a computer to doc them to - you all are SOL. We'll be up and running hopefully soon with pictures and everything... but until then, go get some maple leaf cookies and be patient.

No comments: