Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cookie Shop



Saturday morning Josh had a boys morning... REI was hosting a sea kayaking event in Mountain View. You could go and try out any and all of their kayaks and then at the end they give you a 15% discount to buy one... So Josh and Brad went to try those suckers out... more on that later.
But guess what I did while he was gone...? I BAKED! I found this recipe on 101 Cookbooks for peanut butter cookies. So what's so special about this recipe? It doesn't even have sugar in it! It's sweetened with maple syrup and has olive oil in it. What? Really simple recipe and REALLY good. I made 1/2 a batch which made a dozen big cookies... oh yeah. And I MAY HAVE added chocolate chips. I mean, hello - peanut butter...? Chocolate? Yes please.

4 comments:

Wyatt said...

Did you in fact use pastry flour? Or did you just use more ordinary types?

audrey and josh said...

I used our unbleached whole grain flour... from trader joes... nothing fancy... but still turned out to be DELICIOUS!

carole east said...

Uh hello audrey - what do you think makes maple syrup sweet? sorry to burst your bubble - but take it from a carb counting diabetic - plenty of carbs in those cookies and a carb is a carb is a carb. looks like all you blogging since NZ is about food????
Do you like working at a center? i miss you here!!! Carole

audrey and josh said...

I stand corrected... what I meant was it doesn't have REFINED sugar in it... it has natural sugar. Maple sugar. And yes Carole, food is a big part of the Dunlops daily life... mmm mmm mmm. But I'll try to dapper into other fields for ya... Miss you and office life in SB!