Sunday, September 26, 2010

not one, but two...

I have two sick babies at home... I came back from farmer's market to this scene:

Ruby came down with a cold on Friday. There are only 3 other kids at her daycare so I thought her chances of getting sick were pretty slim... But alas. A runny nose, congestion, a mild fever, and an increase in sneezes. Poor thing.

Josh woke up this morning asking me to put socks on his feet, saying his throat hurt. Great. TWO sick babies for me to take care of (while running on my already minimal sleep...). Babies - get better!


Here's Ruby sucking down some sugar water. Doctor's orders! No lie! We called the on-call doctor and she said Ruby could be getting dehydrated because of her fever and because it's harder for her to nurse with a stuffy nose... so she suggested 2-3 ounces of water with 1/2 a tsp of sugar. She was wary at first, but now she's in love. That girl's gotta sweet tooth like her mama...

3 comments:

kimfairchild said...

oh no bueno!
good luck taking care of your family miss audrey...get some sleep when you can!

Joanna said...

hold on...Josh asked you to put socks on his feet?

Sarah said...

Elizabeth got a cold on Monday and when we took her to the Dr. yesterday to get her ears checked we were told the same thing-- sugar water! We're also going to try coconut water as that's also good for rehydrating. Sick babies are the worst! I'm glad that Ruby's starting to feel better and I hope Josh is as well.