Wednesday, September 29, 2010

impulse purchase...


So about a week ago I saw on a fellow blogger's page that C&C California t-shirts were on sale... for babies. Shut the front door. C&C Ts were the original long, thin, layering t-shirts. Imagine long (no belly showing), super thin, super soft t-shirts in amazing colors that were made to layer and mix and match with their plethora of colors. They're fabulous. But for babies? Yes please. Normally a BABY t-shirt is $30. I know. Josh would kill me. On sale? $5.00!!!

I immediately went to the website to beat the crowds. "I have to go get them before they sell out!" I put 6 in my cart - a mix of long and short sleeves in a rainbow of colors in 6 month and above sizes... Phew. Impulse purchase over...

Now obsession takes over. "What if she wants one when she's 2?? What about at 18 months?? I need to get more." So I then call customer service, explain my dilemma, and she says if I just call back with the colors and sizes I want, she'll add them to my order so I don't have to pay shipping again. Lifesaver. I add 4 more.

Last night we had all 10 t-shirts show up and they are AMAZING. PERFECT. SO SOFT. Perfect for our little angel... and it's a good thing I got more and in bigger sizes because these perfect t-shirts run on the smaller side (Josh: "Of course they do. They're designer. They're meant to make people feel fat..." Oh Josh. Don't be bitter). In fact, Miss Ruby wore the 6-9 month t-shirt today and, well, it fits! So if you had a bigger baby (i.e. average sized baby), you may be out of luck with your 10 new C&C t's... lucky for me my petite little lady will have plenty of t-shirt layering ahead of her...


3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my...she is adorable. she just keeps getting cuter. and i love that you bought her designer t's and were wondering at 2 she may want more. you're lovely. that is all.

kimfairchild said...

she is so cUTE...and i love that you're going to have the best dressed baby EVER!!
see you next week my friend!

Joanna said...

oh dear god. my stomach hurts. i need to hold her.