Thursday, June 24, 2010

only four? really?

Today marks Josh and my four year anniversary... and to both of us it seems a lot longer. Not that kind of "seems longer" that people say when they're enduring some sort of painful activity ("Man... it only took 5 minutes for my bikini wax, but it seemed a lot longer...") but it just seems like we've lived so much life together it's crazy to think it's only been 4 years. We've lived abroad and traveled New Zealand together, we've moved from Santa Barbara to the Bay Area and adjusted to that, we've freaking had a baby... Feels like 5 years. Maybe even 6. But 4 it is... and a wonderful 4 it's been.


I already told Josh though... year 5=milestone year. We are dropping off Ruby at the grandparents and going somewhere where I can lounge around and order myself a cocktail. Yes please. Happy fourth, baby!!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Okay so we can totally share ideas on this one...I've been telling Gabe for MONTHS that next year for our 5 year anniversary his sole mission is to get me on a lounge chair by the pool/beach with a drink in my hand. Make that unlimited drinks.

Let me know what you find. I'll do the same.

benson said...

we'll be ready and waiting with open arms :)
Congratulations and Happy 4th!!

LB said...

congrats!! this makes me excited about where benjamin and I will be in 4 years.. :)

Connie B said...

Happy 4 Years! It just keeps getting better.

Sarah said...

Happy 4th! Year 5 sounds amazing.

Lindsey Olsen said...

You two are adorable. Hope you had a good night out. See you soon!