Monday, June 28, 2010

best. night. ever.

Okay. Well, that title may be a little overkill, but that's how I felt this morning after Ruby slept from 9:30 to 4:30! Straight! Not one peep or need for a soother or anything. She just slept. Which meant I slept from about 9:34 to 4:30. Oh. My. Word. I haven't slept 7 hours straight since before she was born. It was a miracle. She's my favorite child right now... :)

Sidenote: I am NOT jinxing this by posting about it because I fully understand it could be a fluke and may not happen again for awhile. I'm admitting that. Therefore I cannot jinx it. (although I do kinda expect it to happen again. No pressure, Ruby. Just make it happen...)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

SOOO exciting! Hope you get to finish off this perfect day with an iced 2 pump vanilla soy latte...perfect.

benson said...

isn't it funny how we think about what a "best night" is/was in comparison before baby was born?? At one time it was most likely staying up all night...the times they are a changin.

iheartkiwi said...

oh my goodness you had your baby! she is beyond precious. wishing you many many nights of uninterrupted sleep mamma!

kimfairchild said...

good job ruby! congrats to you audrey for getting such great sleep!! she'll marathon sleep for you soon, i know it!

Joanna said...

that kid...my oh my, she's perfect. i think she felt compelled to give you a good nights sleep after bouncing away with all her favorite friends last night.