Thursday, February 25, 2010

so the next time we're here...

Josh and I took a tour of the labor and delivery ward at O'Connor Hospital on Tuesday night. They offer tours every week and we decided it would be fun to go take a look. Pretty much one of the weirdest feelings ever -- walking into the hospital thinking "Next time we're doing this we'll be coming in because we're in labor..." Crazy!! But it was fun to see the actual delivery rooms and Mom/Baby wing and even some of the little babies that were just delivered.
And - to put the cherry on top - I saw a couple of the anesthesiologists I work with (they are based out of O'Connor, but outsource to my work every day...) and they all had kind words to say to me as we passed through the hallways... I felt pretty VIP that I already knew some of the doctors... :)

Afterwards we made it a date night and went out for burgers and shakes. All in all a really great night... one that got me really excited about this whole process. I have a doc appt on Monday and then I have to start going in every other week (instead of just once a month)... time sure is flying by!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So exciting, Audrey!

leslie said...

you're going to do awesome! can't wait to meet the little girl!