Friday, February 19, 2010

lovin the oven...


This weekend is a baking kind of weekend. It's cloudy, a little chilly, somewhat rainy... the perfect storm for a baking extravaganza!! I'm in a "well I'll just make it and freeze it" kinda mood lately... maybe maternal instinct to fill up the freezer for easy to make meals/snacks later on! I'm so prepared - I even sent out Josh yesterday for my list of ingredients and a bundt pan! I'm so excited to own a bundt pan!!

On the menu? Banana bread (most likely to be frozen). Monkey bread (I feel like I've had this before, but even if I haven't it looks SO DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS). Cookies - peanut butter or choc chip - haven't decided (again - to freeze... or not...). And then I suppose I should think of our dinner or other more savory things to make as well.

Have a happy weekend and come on over if you're in the mood for some baked love!

3 comments:

benson said...

monkey bread?! HELLO--you grew up helping to make monkey bread--rolling it in cinnamon sugar and making a round circle out of it. You and your brothers loved it.

Mari said...

did you see my "bundt pan feelin fancy" post on FB?

oh my word that PW banana bread is FANTASTIC! I usually make banana bread and end up throwing it away because i don't eat it, but this stuff is almost gone. it is soooooo good.

be careful, flipping the bundt pan is dangerous business - i have a big ole burn on my thumb to prove it!

audrey and josh said...

Mari - your post is what sent me into a baking mode!! and I am very much looking forward to this banana bread...mmmm...

and mama... we made monkey bread?? no wonder i was drawn to these recipes... that and all the sugar and butter and dough...