Friday, November 20, 2009

purchased.

So today we made a few fun purchases... one for me, one for we.

For me: a couple weeks ago I blogged about my obsession with J-Crew's shoe selection this fall. In my email today was an email from J-Crew announcing that all shoes are 20% off for a limited time. SOLD! I went for a non-high heel for practical reasons... not to mention comfort reasons... here she is:


Lovely. I'll be snuggling into those later next week hopefully...

For we: about a decade ago, Josh went with a then-girlfriend to the Nutcracker... little did he know it wasn't the toy soldiers fighting rats Nutcracker, but it was the Nutcracker Suite - which is JUST the orchestra. (Man - what a crappy girlfriend... good thing he upgraded :)) Which would still be lovely, but when you're expecting sugar plum fairies and, well, the Nutcracker, it just doesn't satisfy. I went to the Nutcracker growing up with my mom and other mother-daughter teams so I know that sugar plum fairy well.

So we decided to redeem Josh's Nutcracker mishap and go see the Ballet San Jose's The Nutcracker.


I didn't really think Josh would be super into it, but he's really excited and even suggested it... so mid-December we'll be dressed to the nines, watching the rats take on the toy soldiers... tis the season!

1 comment:

benson said...

Josh! No lump of coal in your stocking- good man! Those were such sweet memories with the other princesses of Prescott :)