Saturday, March 7, 2009

Here


One of the first restaurants we heard we "HAD to go to" was Aqui. It's a Mexican/Cali-fusion type restaurant with fresh and organic ingredients and "industrial strength margaritas"... now, me likey the margs, so we really did HAVE to go here.

My first experience with Aqui was actually last Sunday... I ended up meeting the wonderful Miss Carr there for some margs, chips, guac, and delightful conversation... all of which were just wonderful. So I was determined to bring back that hubby of mine.

We ended up walking into town tonight. A wonderful 20 minute walk (we love being so close to town!!) and poof - we were there. I had this salmon, black bean, and saucy burrito deal (they were already sold out of their Saturday Special enchiladas... so we'll have to head back next week for those!), Josh got his usual carnitas burrito, and we ended up splitting the Aqui Swirl (their industrial strength margarita with a splash of sangria... YUM!). Now, if you know me, you're thinking "SPLIT a marg? Audrey? Say it ain't so!" - but let me tell you... when Joanna and I had our margs I was quite tipsy/overly so with just one. They're HUGE and delicious and easy to drink... talk about dangerous. So I was okay splitting... plus, save the calories for dessert!

Overall, I really love this place. Josh has a very high standard of burritos coming from Santa Barbara - home of Super Cuca's "size of a baby" carnitas burrito. I think Josh would cut off his hand for a lifetime supply of those burritos - so he wasn't overly impressed with Aqui. He has said he will give it another go and try something different but it's hard to get Josh to say "Wow!" about anything that has to deal with food. Me on the other hand... don't get me started...

Tomorrow we're hopefully going to make it to the farmers market - last week it was raining and although the market goes on rain or shine, call me silly, but I just wanted our first visit to the market to be somewhat perfect... oh yeah, and we don't have an umbrella...

2 comments:

Lindsey Olsen said...

Joanna took me there too! And those Margarita's are absolutely wonderful! Lets all enjoy that together at some point soon.

Joanna said...

split a margarita? audrey, shame shame shame. some advice for Josh: this ain't no taco truck. once you get over the false expectation that Aqui serves Mexican food, you'll fall in love with it!