Friday, May 13, 2011

she's got a mean right hook...

She may be less than 20 pounds, but she can throw a punch... with her head...


Ruby and I were playing on the bed and when I least expected it, she arched back with all her might and the back of her head landed on my cheekbone. My eyes instinctively watered and immediately after the smack there was what looked like a marble under my skin on my cheekbone. Since then I've been a puffy, blue-purple mess.


There were times today that I forgot that I had this hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-look going on until I caught people staring at it. It's times like these my large Nicole Richie-esc glasses come in handy...

And if you haven't ever been to the Grand Canyon, feel free to look at the tip of my nose into one of the pores. Don't judge.

5 comments:

nonna donna said...

oh my goodness! I could photoshop that out for you :) or find yourself a good cover-up (dermablend is a good one) Can you imagine what people were thinking??!

Lindsey Olsen said...

That looks awful!!! We would really be quite the pair right now.

kimfairchild said...

ohmy goodness....do people really believe you when you try to explain your little one year old did that to you?
or did you make up a really bad ass story to tell?
heal quick!!!

Sarah said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is tragic. But please thank Ruby for the photo addition to my special fx file. One day a celebrity will be modeling this bruise of yours. :) hope you heal quickly!

rebecca said...

hilarious. love the honesty. just rock the look for a short period of time. easy to say when i don't have a black eye myself.